The Darkling Tag

Earlier today Sary from The Walrus Room nominated me to take part in The Darkling Tag, which immediately flooded me with nostalgia. Back when I just started blogging (insert old lady voice here), everyone was constantly tagging each other in these challenges. It was very exciting to come across another one after all these years so I decided to give it a go at once. Make sure to check out Sary's take on the tag as well, but be aware of the fact that you'll be reading her blog for the next couple of hours; I know I always do.

Since I've been out of the game for a while, I'm not going to tag any specific bloggers. If you feel like giving it a try, consider yourself tagged. I followed Sary's example in only including certain questions but you can find the full list on Graveyard Kittens.

Simple Questions
What is your favorite candle scent? You can't go wrong with apple and cinnamon, but I have a very long wishlist of scented candles.
Do you have a favorite book? A mother does not pick favourites. Honorable mentions go to Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake, Neil Gaiman's American Gods, and anything Lovecraft.
Are you a tea or coffee person? Both. Coffee in the morning, tea at night.
What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Not the best person to ask since I'm always cold anyway. From personal experience I've learnt: don't wear too many layers but do bring a cardigan when for chilly nights and invest in a pair of pretty sandals. Yes, apparently those exist.
What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)? Either When You Lose by Deine Lakaien or This Too Shall Pass by Danny Schmidt. The first is just very upbeat and happy, the second is my go-to song for comfort.
Are you active in the arts (ex. play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? Writing and photography are two of my favourite hobbies. I don't make enough time for either, though. Every now and then I pick up my sketchbook and I like knitting and sewing as well but my skills are very limited.
If you had a teacup or mug made inscribed just for you, what would you have it say? Do no harm, take no shit.
What is your number one non-gothy hobby? Video games.

Thought Provokers
If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why? Vampire.
Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Some days my inner introvert denies me any possibility of being a social human being, other days I'm super talkative. It very much depends on my mood.
Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup? I am useless when it comes to hair styling, so I'm going with makeup here.
Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? Virgin sacrifices. That and mixed genre parties.
How are you at DIY? I'm very clumsy and tend to stay far away from hot glue guns and sharp objects.

Confessional (aka True or False)
I love watching cheesy romance films. True, but I'm very specific in my tastes (*cough* Outlander *cough*).
I always remember to wash off my makeup at night. True. Somehow I always wake up with a clean face, no matter how drunk I was when I got home. Or I've got a guardian angel who's very committed to skin care.
I sleep with plushies. True.
I wear non-black pyjamas most nights. True. I have a collection of Harry Potter pyjamas.
I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated. True.
I don’t like vampires. False.
I don’t like clubs. False. I like being at clubs, I just don't like making the effort of going to them.
I don’t enjoy graveyards. False, although there are no particularly beautiful ones near me. My favourites are in Whitby and Edinburgh.
I'd sooner faint than pet a spider. True, even though I'm starting to get used to the resident spider in my apartment.
I don’t like haunted houses. False.
I’ve never read Dracula. False, I even wrote a comparative essay on it once.
I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long and boring song. False, although I love it when bands cover it in their own genre.

Who are your favourite alternative and dark lifestyle bloggers? What are the kids into these days? Honestly though, I'm in dire need of some new reading material.

Labels: ,